[Haskell-cafe] Optimal line length for haskell

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Mon Oct 29 16:50:57 CET 2012

I would prefer to completely ignore line lengths when writing Haskell.

In general, giving good names to things in where-clauses automatically
keeps my code "short enough".

My opinion is that different people like different code layouts, and
when formatting code in certain ways, we will always have to make
compromises.

I would like if there was a layout normal form for storing Haskell code
- all code presented to humans should be shown just as that human likes
it best.

In the future, I would like to work on a personalizable real-time
formatter that editors can hook into, using haskell-src-exts.