[Haskell-cafe] Optimal line length for haskell

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Mon Oct 29 16:50:57 CET 2012

I would prefer to completely ignore line lengths when writing Haskell.

In general, giving good names to things in where-clauses automatically
keeps my code "short enough".

My opinion is that different people like different code layouts, and
when formatting code in certain ways, we will always have to make

I would like if there was a layout normal form for storing Haskell code
- all code presented to humans should be shown just as that human likes
it best.

In the future, I would like to work on a personalizable real-time
formatter that editors can hook into, using haskell-src-exts.