[Haskell-cafe] Optimal line length for haskell

Jake McArthur jake.mcarthur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:37:43 CET 2012

I stick to 80 columns fairly rigidly. This is not only so that it fits
into narrow windows, but also so that any two subexpressions in the
same expression tend to be close together on my screen, which makes it
easier for me to reason about it. If only it was easy for me to read
and write code on a Hilbert curve... :)

I don't think long lines indicate a design problem; it's solely a
formatting thing.