[Haskell-cafe] [Security] Put haskell.org on https

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:28:41 CET 2012

While I would love to have hackage available (or even forced) over
https, I think the biggest reason it currently isn't, is that cabal
would then also need https support. This means the HTTP library would
need https support, which I've heard will be hard to implement
cross-platform (read: on Windows).

However, I guess providing https as an option is still a huge step
forwards compared to the current situation.

Erik