[Haskell-cafe] Release Candidate 2: HP 2014.4.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:37:01 CEST 2012

Haskellistas -

The second release candidate of HP 2014.4.0.0 is now available:

   - Source tarball:
haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0-rc2.tar.gz<http://ozonehouse.com/mark/platform/haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0-rc2.tar.gz>
   - Mac 32-bit installer: Haskell Platform 2012.4.0.0 32bit rc2
signed.pkg<http://ozonehouse.com/mark/platform/Haskell%20Platform%202012.4.0.0%2032bit%20rc2%20signed.pkg>

Mac notes: This version is now digitally signed by me, and so will install
without fuss on OS X 10.8. I'll put up 64-bit version soon.

  - Mark

Changes since RC1:

TODO
----
[x] update vector and primitive versions (they had a point release to fix a
bad bug, and the fix was very very simple)
[x] remove Build.hs - it did all its work by shelling out anyway!
[x] main .cabal file should not have versions commented out
   [x] this will require a way to extract the list of packages that need
      to be part of the source release
   [x] why not also extract the list of packages needed for core.packages
[x] fix to build.hs (ticket #195)
[x] bugs in build.sh (ticket #197)
[x] build instructions in the tarball (ticket #207)
[x] merge in shared library patch (ticket #198)

MAC TODO
--------
[x] mac cabal script needs to quote things with $HOME or ~ in them (ticket
#192)
[x] If the cabal command is "update" then the wrapper script shouldn't do an
   update the first time through!
[x] sign Mac installers (ticket #203)