[Haskell-cafe] 64-bit vs 32-bit haskell platform on Mac: misleading notice on Platform website?

Christiaan Baaij christiaan.baaij at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:28:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

I finally found another OS X mountain lion install and can confirm the behaviour I described earlier:
32-bit: compiled code works, interpreted code works
64-bit: compiled code works, interpreted code fails

Here's the test case:
- cabal install gloss --flags"-GLUT GLFW"
- cabal unpack gloss-examples
- cd gloss-examples-1.7.6.2/picture/GameEvent
- ghci -fno-ghci-sandbox Main.hs
- main

I get the following crash report: http://pastebin.com/jZjfFtm7

The weird thing is the following:
When I run 'ghci' from inside 'gdb' (to find the origin for the segfault), everything works fine:
ghci: segfault
ghci from gdb: everything works

I have no idea what's going on, so if anyone has any pointers on how to make sure ghci behaves the same in gdb please let me know.

Cheers,

Christiaan