[Haskell-cafe] Ordering of BigFloats in numbers-3000.0.0.0

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Sun Oct 7 20:00:36 CEST 2012

I'm trying to use,

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/numbers-3000.0.0.0

to get better precision "for free" out of some numerical code. I ran
into an issue pretty quickly, though. In Data.Number.BigFloat, we have,

  data BigFloat e = BF (Fixed e) Integer
    deriving (Eq, Ord)

and the derived Ord is obviously incorrect:

  Prelude Data.Number.BigFloat> let x = 0.1 :: BigFloat Prec50
  Prelude Data.Number.BigFloat> let y = 0.02 :: BigFloat Prec50
  Prelude Data.Number.BigFloat> x < y
  True

But, I'm not sure who I should contact as the maintainer. The LICENSE
file has,

  Copyright (c) 2007-2012
  Lennart Augustsson, Russell O'Connor, Richard Smith,
  Daniel Wagner, Dan Burton

The cabal file says (no email address),

  Maintainer: Lennart Augustsson

And the repo is at,

  https://github.com/DanBurton/numbers

Does anyone know who I should bug for a fix?