[Haskell-cafe] Cabal dependencies

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 23:07:46 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 22:40 +0200, José Lopes wrote:
> OK. Got it!
>
> Do you have any suggestions to install xmobar in this particular case?

In case of executables I usually rm -rf ~/.ghc, cabal install,
and rm -rf ~/.ghc again. Executables are still here (in ~/.cabal/bin),
but all libraries are lost. Warning: it may break your development
environment, so make sure you know what you are doing.

Better solution could be sandbox tools like cabal-dev. They alloy you to
setup development environment per project.