[Haskell-cafe] Am I the only one having problems with RWH?

Janek S. fremenzone at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Oct 6 20:41:52 CEST 2012

I began learning Haskell 9 months ago. I still consider myself a beginner, but I'm progressing
towards more advanced concepts. I read scientific papers (simpler ones) and books about Haskell
and functional programming. Right now I'm reading Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design,
Introduction to Functional Programming, Implementation of Functional Programming Languages and
Real World Haskell. RWH is causing me a lot of trouble though. This leads me to frustration
because book covers rather basic material. I just spent another 1,5 hour reading chapter 10 again
and trying to understand how presented parsing functions work. Even if I am barely able to grasp
what is going on I feel that I wouldn't know how to write such code by myself. Am I the only one
having such problems with RWH?

Jan