[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: test-framework-golden-1.1

Janek S. fremenzone at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Oct 5 10:51:35 CEST 2012

Talking about good timing - I was just finishing my post on code testing in Haskell when your
announcement came up, so your library made it as a last minute news :) I never used golden
approach to testing but it is good to know that it exists.

*I* think that it might be a good idea to separete your library into two parts: the golden
functionality itself and test-framework provider. Right now it seems impossible to use your
library outside of test-framework. For me that's not a big deal, cause I use test-framework
anyway, but I suspect you could get more users that way.

> According to the test-framework convention, they ought to be named
>
>   Test.Framework.Providers.Golden
>
> and
>
>   Test.Framework.Providers.Golden.Advanced
>
> respectively, and you can see that it was the case in the early
> versions:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/test-framework-golden-1.0
>
> But it's just too much to type.
Well, I'm already typing Test.Framework.Providers.QuickCheck2, so that's not a big deal really :)

Jan