[Haskell-cafe] a parallel mapM?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:24:44 CEST 2012

Several of the monad-par schedulers COULD provide a MonadIO instance and
thus "liftIO", which would make them easy to use for this kind of parallel
IO business:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/monad-par/0.3/doc/html/Control-Monad-Par-Scheds-Direct.html

And that would be a little more scalable because you wouldn't get a
separate IO thread for each parallel computation.  But, to be safe-haskell
compliant, we don't currently expose IO capabilities. I can add another
module that exposes this capability if you are interested...

  -Ryan