[Haskell-cafe] Problems installing DPH

Janek S. fremenzone at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Oct 3 14:44:12 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I ran into problems when installing DPH examples:

[root at GLaDOS : ~] cabal --global install dph-examples
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring dph-examples-0.6.1.3...
Building dph-examples-0.6.1.3...
Preprocessing executable 'dph-spectral-smvm' for dph-examples-0.6.1.3...
[1 of 3] Compiling Vectorised       ( examples/spectral/SMVM/dph/Vectorised.hs,
dist/build/dph-spectral-smvm/dph-spectral-smvm-tmp/Vectorised.o )
exprType TYPE ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u}
exprType TYPE ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u}
exprType TYPE ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u}
exprType TYPE ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u}
exprType TYPE ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u}
exprType
    TYPE (ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Int{(w) tc 3J},
          ghc-prim:GHC.Types.Double{(w) tc 3u})
opt: Bitcode stream should be a multiple of 4 bytes in length
dph-examples-0.6.1.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Gogling the error message leads to various LLVM pages, which suggests that LLVM is the problem.
I'm using Debian Squeeze with LLVM 2.6 and I'm thinking that maybe DPH needs newer version. What
is the minimum required version of LLVM for DPH to work? Or is this problem caused by semthing
else?

Janek