[Haskell-cafe] Is anyone working on a sparse matrix library in Haskell?

Ernesto Rodriguez neto at netowork.me
Fri Nov 30 18:46:41 CET 2012

Hi Mark,

For my bachelor thesis I am doing something somewhat in that direction. I
am developing a Echo State Neural Networks (ESNs) (
http://minds.jacobs-university.de/esn_research) library in Haskell. I
haven't worked on it for a while, since I was reading related literature in
the last months. It will be used to classify motion capture data. Feel free
to check it out: https://github.com/netogallo/LambdaNN. Sparse matrixes are
used to build the ESNs, I have basic functions to produce sparse matrixes
but nothing fancy at the moment.

Cheers,

Ernesto Rodriguez

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Mark Flamer <mark at flamerassoc.com> wrote:

> I am looking to continue to learn Haskell while working on something that
> might eventually be useful to others and get posted on Hackage. I have
> written quite a bit of Haskell code now, some useful and a lot just throw
> away for learning. In the past others have expressed interest in having a
> native Haskell sparse matrix and linear algebra library available(not just
> bindings to a C lib). This in combination with FEM is one of my interests.
> So my questions, is anyone currently working on a project like this? Does
> it
> seem like a good project/addition to the community? I'm also interested if
> anyone has any other project idea's, maybe even to collaborate on. Thanks
>

> --

Ernesto Rodriguez

Bachelor of Computer Science - Class of 2013
Jacobs University Bremen