[Haskell-cafe] Is anyone working on a sparse matrix library in Haskell?

Mark Flamer mark at flamerassoc.com
Thu Nov 29 23:03:04 CET 2012

I am looking to continue to learn Haskell while working on something that
might eventually be useful to others and get posted on Hackage. I have
written quite a bit of Haskell code now, some useful and a lot just throw
away for learning. In the past others have expressed interest in having a
native Haskell sparse matrix and linear algebra library available(not just
bindings to a C lib). This in combination with FEM is one of my interests.
So my questions, is anyone currently working on a project like this? Does it
seem like a good project/addition to the community? I'm also interested if
anyone has any other project idea's, maybe even to collaborate on. Thanks