[Haskell-cafe] Simple GUI Form

Rune Harder Bak rune at bak.dk
Thu Nov 29 14:22:13 CET 2012

Hi

I have some input parameters
data Input = ...
that I need the user to enter in a gui pop-up. (windows people...)
The rest of the app is not gui (or perhaps progress could be displayed
in a log-window)

What is the easiest way to make such a GUI form?

It need to compile for both Linux and Windows, so I though WxWidgets was ideal,
and I got wx[1] < 0.90 to install (using wxWidgets2.8) on both windows
and linux.

Now I just need to create the form, but how do you do that?
Any clues or links to examples? I have never used wxwidgets on any
platform or done any other form of GUI before for that matters.
(apart from some Visual Basic ten years ago, and html).

I tried looking at wx examples, but I couldn't find this simple use
case explained anywhere.

I installed wx in the first place because WxGeneric[2] seemed exactly
what I needed,
but I can't get it to compile using ghc7.4.2 from haskell-platform.
Anybody got that working or have some other simple method?

Help much appreciated!

-Rune

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/wx-0.13.2.3
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/WxGeneric