[Haskell-cafe] OpenAL - compiling problem

Gary Klindt gary.klindt at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:36:21 CET 2012

Dear Haskell Cafe,

I tried installing the haskell openal library via
cabal install openal

I get the following error:

[ 7 of 30] Compiling Sound.OpenAL.ALC.QueryUtils (
Sound/OpenAL/ALC/QueryUtils.hs, dist/build/Sound/OpenAL/ALC/QueryUtils.o )

Sound/OpenAL/ALC/QueryUtils.hs:66:1:
     Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: ALCdevice
     When checking declaration:
       foreign import ccall unsafe "static alcGetString" alcGetString
         :: ALCdevice -> ALCenum -> IO (Ptr ALCchar)

Sound/OpenAL/ALC/QueryUtils.hs:102:1:
     Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: ALCdevice
     When checking declaration:
       foreign import ccall unsafe "static alcGetIntegerv" alcGetIntegerv
         :: ALCdevice -> ALCenum -> ALCsizei -> Ptr ALCint -> IO ()

Sound/OpenAL/ALC/QueryUtils.hs:120:1:
     Unacceptable argument type in foreign declaration: ALCdevice
     When checking declaration:
       foreign import ccall unsafe "static alcIsExtensionPresent"
alcIsExtensionPresent_
         :: ALCdevice -> Ptr ALCchar -> IO ALCboolean
Failed to install OpenAL-1.4.0.1
OpenAL-1.4.0.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

The version of my openal installation is 1.14-1.

I also tried to install via darcs, but the error is the same.

Any ideas?

Greets Gary