[Haskell-cafe] Recursive timezone-loading function

David Thomas davidleothomas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:56:44 CET 2012

https://github.com/dlthomas/tzcache

A small bit of code, but seems likely to be useful enough that I figured I
should share.

I've a few notes/questions:

1) Does this already exist somewhere I missed?

2) It seems silly to make this its own library - any suggestions where it
could be added?

3) Is the traverse-a-directory-and-populate-a-map pattern one worth
abstracting?  If so, where should that go?

4) Presently, it's a static cache entirely pre-loaded.  This seems fine, as
it's not a terribly huge amount of data, but it's worth noting.

5) Any comments on the code generally?  Improvements?  Complaints?

Thanks,

- David