[Haskell-cafe] Can a GC delay TCP connection formation?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Tue Nov 27 10:45:04 CET 2012

GHC has a "stop the world" garbage collector, meaning that while major
GC is happening, the entire process must be halted. In my experience
GC pause times are typically low, but depending the heap residency
profile of your application (and the quantity of garbage being
produced by it), this may not be the case. If you have a hard
real-time requirement then a garbage-collected language may not be
appropriate for you.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>