[Haskell-cafe] Can a GC delay TCP connection formation?

Jeff Shaw shawjef3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:19:31 CET 2012

Hello,
I've run into an issue that makes me think that when the GHC GC runs
while a Snap or Warp HTTP server is serving connections, the GC prevents
or delays TCP connections from forming. My application requires that TCP
connections form within a few tens of milliseconds. I'm wondering if
anyone else has run into this issue, and if there are some GC flags that
could help. I've tried a few, such as -H and -c, and haven't found
anything to help. I'm using GHC 7.4.1.

Thanks,
Jeff