[Haskell-cafe] cabal configure && cabal build && cabal install

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Mon Nov 26 10:34:13 CET 2012

Nice tip, Albert! Good to know! One question I have is, is (runghc
Setup.lhs) equivalent to (cabal) in

runghc Setup.lhs <$> [configure, build, install]

?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu>wrote:

> > [cabal haddock, if you want]
> > cabal copy
> > cabal register
>
> Even this does not do the same thing as 'cabal install', because it
> does not download and install any dependencies (whereas 'cabal
> install' does).

Brent, that's useful to know too, thanks!

Fwiw, I think Albert had the backdrop of classic GNU autoconf in mind,
predating all that newfangled stuff of downloading (!) dependencies (!!).

-- Kim-Ee