[Haskell-cafe] Cabal failures...

kudah kudahkukarek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 06:06:48 CET 2012

On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:46:37 +1100 Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> kudah wrote:
>
> > Personally, I successfully use Wine to build, ship and test for
> > Windows. There are some pitfalls related to -optl-mwindows and
> > encodings, but, if you launch your program with $LANG set to proper
> > windows encoding like cp1251 and the std handles closed with  0>&-
> > 1>&- 2>&-, it should crash on related errors the same way as on
> > 1>windows.
> >
> > I am not (yet) aware of any Haskell programs that don't run under
> > Wine.
>
> Thats a very interesting solution. I use Wine to run the test suite
> when I cross compile one of my C projects from Linux to Wine.
>
> Would you consider documenting the process of setting everything up
> to build Haskell programs under Wine on the Haskell Wiki?
>
> Erik

Aside from what I posted above it's same as on Windows, just install
Haskell Platform. There's already a page on Haskell Wiki
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC_under_Wine though it seems very
outdated. I can update it with my own observations when I get an HW
account, they seem to have switched to manual registration while I
wasn't looking.