[Haskell-cafe] fixed-length bit-vectors

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 00:22:05 CET 2012

Hi all,

My goal, eliminate the failure case in 'byte':

 https://gist.github.com/4128503

I don't want my 'byte' function to fail at runtime or return $ Left
"vector not 8 bits".  I want it to return a Word8 for an 8-bit
bit-vector or not compile.

Is there an existing library that offers fixed-length vectors as a
thin veneer over the 'vector' package?  I see 'vector-static', but it
is unmaintained and hasn't been touched in years.  Alternatively,
there's 'VecN', but having already learned 'vector', I'd like to know
if there is an existing solution that uses it.

Thanks,
Greg