[Haskell-cafe] cabal errors

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Tue Nov 20 05:34:25 CET 2012

I did a package check, and I always get a ton of these things:
    Warning: haddock-html: E:\Plang\Haskell Platform\lib\extralibs\doc\haskell-src-1.0.1.4\html doesn't exist or isn't a directory

Which I think is just missing documentation, so I ignore them.

But this time I also got this:
  The following packages are broken, either because they have a problem listed above, or because they depend on a broken package.
  HTTP-4000.2.3
  haskell-platform-2012.2.0.0

ghc-pkg list shows:
    Cabal-1.10.1.0
    Cabal-1.10.2.0
    Cabal-1.14.0
    Cabal-1.14.0
    GLUT-2.1.2.1
    GLUT-2.1.2.1
    GLUT-2.1.2.1
    {HTTP-4000.2.3}
    HTTP-4000.2.5
  {haskell-platform-2012.2.0.0}
haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0
haskell-src-1.0.1.4
haskell-src-1.0.1.4
haskell-src-1.0.1.5
haskell-src-1.0.1.5
(haskell2010-1.0.0.0)
(haskell2010-1.1.0.1)
(haskell2010-1.1.0.1)
haskell98-1.1.0.1
(haskell98-2.0.0.1)
(haskell98-2.0.0.1)

Not sure what it all means, but looks somewhat goofy to me.

I always just do "cabal installs", and an occasional "-force-reinstalls" when told that it is the only option, but recently when they might fail tried a "cabal-dev install" a few times, I assume that is what the "{}" entries are, but am not sure if they can all peacefully coexist.

Do I need to do a reset and start over? I hope not, as it took me many hours of fiddling to install some packages like glut, wxcore, and a few others.

Argh.