[Haskell-cafe] Reactive-Banana-Wx Install Trouble

Ian fitzpaid at tcd.ie
Mon Nov 19 23:13:09 CET 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to install reactive-banana-wx on OSX.

Whenever I try to cabal install it though, I get this error back:

[1 of 1] Compiling Main             (

    Couldn't match expected type `Distribution.Simple.Setup.BuildFlags'
                with actual type
    Expected type: Args
                   -> Distribution.Simple.Setup.BuildFlags
                   -> Distribution.PackageDescription.PackageDescription
                   -> Distribution.Simple.LocalBuildInfo.LocalBuildInfo
                   -> IO ()
      Actual type: Cabal-
                   -> Cabal-
                   -> IO ()
    In the return type of a call of `appBundleBuildHook'
    In the `postBuild' field of a record
reactive-banana-wx- failed during the configure step. The exception
ExitFailure 1

A couple of things;

The version of cabal installed is:

cabal-install version 0.14.0
using version 1.14.0 of the Cabal library

The version of GHC that I'm using is:

The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.4.2

One other thing I should probably note is that I have cabal-macosx
installed, but whenever I try to just call it by saying "cabal-macosx" it
doesn't work, I have to tunnel down into the actual macosx-app to build any
wx stuff. I'm not sure if I'm just using it wrong (I'm quite new to the wx
stuff) or if it's a problem with the installation.

Any help on these two (possibly related) problems would be fantastic.