[Haskell-cafe] curl package broken in Windows

Iustin Pop iusty at k1024.org
Mon Nov 12 22:57:25 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 01:48:23PM -0800, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the curl binding certainly needs some love---if anyone has the time to fix
> it up and maintain it, help would be most appreciated.  There is a repo for
> it over here: https://github.com/GaloisInc/curl which is the most up-to
> date version I know of, but since the last commit there seems to be from 4
> years ago, I'm not going to bet that there aren't any additional fixes
> floating around.  (cc-ing Don, who is listed as the maintainer, but I'm not
> sure if he has time to deal with curl right now)

I've tried to contact Don multiple times over the past month with offers
of whatever help I can give, but I heard nothing back.

I didn't know about the github repo (it's not listed on the hackage
page), so thanks a lot for that info, I'll try to send some merge
requests and file bugs (there is a least one critical bug w.r.t. SSL
usage on Linux and another small-impact bug with cookie jars usage).

iustin, who uses curl and _really_ wants to see it improved