[Haskell-cafe] Not exporting a class

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:37:03 CET 2012

Hi Joachim,

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 02:10:34PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> dear package authors. If you define a useful class, please think twice
> before you do not export the methods, otherwise something like this will
> happen:

I like the way 'Common Lisp' deals with this issue. Exported symbols can
be accessed by 'package:symbol' and non exported symbols can be accessed
by 'package::symbol'.

By using '::' you could still get something done but know, that you did
something improper and should consult the appropriate maintainer.

You almost have the best of both worlds, because I think that it's a
good thing to export as few symbols as possible.

Greetings,
Daniel