[Haskell-cafe] GHC for mobile devices?

Mike Ledger eleventynine at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 06:59:24 CET 2012

I would be so very happy to be able to program Haskell Android programs. I
think the steps we'd need are to 1. Port GHC to ARM (done already?) and 2.
Create a JVM calling convention for GHC (using JNI? I have no idea). Short
of actually making a new calling convention for the JVM, maybe we could use
the JNI to create a thin C wrapper that has the code we want to import
normally.

Unfortunately I have no idea of where to start and very little experience
with Android other than firing up Eclipse, playing around with simple
applications and being very dissatisfied.