[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] hashable-generics

Clark Gaebel cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 6 14:53:50 CET 2012

For the merge into Hashable, the default instance is only included if we're
on a compatible GHC. This means Hashable itself will be portable, but it
strongly encourages other packages not to be.

I think the portability requirement is just used as an easy way to filter
out lower quality code, anyway.

  - Clark