[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] hashable-generics

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:39:14 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Clark Gaebel <cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> @dag:
> I would love for this to be merged into Data.Hashable, and I think it would make a lot of people's lives easier, and prevent them from writing bad hash functions accidentally.

Couldn't we do it using GHC's default implementations based on
signatures features, so we don't have to expose any new things in the

We used that in unordered-containers like so:

    default parseRecord :: (Generic a, GFromRecord (Rep a)) => Record
-> Parser a
    parseRecord r = to <$> gparseRecord r

-- Johan