[Haskell-cafe] What is the difference between runhaskell and compile?

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Sun May 27 13:07:55 CEST 2012

By configuration of the OpenLDAP client library I mean mostly so that SSL connections will work, but this is all system-level configuration.

That GHC establishes connections in interactive mode for you indicates that the problem is not with the LDAP systems, but that something peculiar is going wrong with your GHC installation.

Do you have only the one GHC installation on the system; is there any chance that ghc and ghci could be selecting different installations?

Is it easy for you to try connecting with GHC-7.0.4? It would be worth a try if you can -- it might be a 7.4.1 oddity but it looks as if it could be some kind of GHC mis-installation.

(If trying this with GHC-7.0.4 would be bothersome I would be interested to hear more; which O/S are you using?)

Chris