[Haskell-cafe] webcam library on github

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Sat May 26 00:56:11 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On 25/05/12 08:07, . wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 08:24 +0800, Conrad Parker wrote:
>
>> I've downloaded and built this. I had to also download Claude
>> Heiland-Allen's v4l2 source from gitorious, as that package does not
>> seem to be on hackage (though his other related packages are). I guess
>> your package won't build on hackage until v4l2 is uploaded ...

I've uploaded the 'v4l2' package to hackage now.

When I initially wrote it last year I had hoped to use it as a base for
something similar to 'repa-v4l2' and perhaps 'opengl-v4l2' (*).

Alas, I don't have a pressing need to access v4l2 devices at the moment,
so I don't expect there to be rapid development or even prompt bug fixes
(unless people provide patches) - if someone more involved than I am at
present in video devices + Haskell on Linux wants to take over the
maintainership of these v4l2-related packages, let me know:

https://gitorious.org/hsv4l2

Thanks,

Claude

(*) I had written some code along those lines, though all I can find at
the moment is a screenshot (live webcam video, processed to generate an
overlay and displayed using opengl):
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/g/haskell/v4l2hist.png