[Haskell-cafe] webcam library on github

. ch.gosch at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 00:20:40 CEST 2012

Hello Cafe,

since I haven't found anything like that, I wrote a small library [1] to
read from a webcam in Haskell, using V4L on Linux. It uses the v4l2
package and repa for images.
Is anyone interested in contributing to that, or giving some hints on
how it could be made faster (I am not sure if I use repa correctly for
best performance at all times), or just in emitting any other
constructive comments? If yes, please give me a shout.

Cheers,
Christian
PS I would put the whole thing on hackage, but my cabal currently
doesn't want to do an sdist.

[1] https://github.com/cgo/hsimage