[Haskell-cafe] Can Haskell outperform C++?

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Wed May 16 23:18:35 CEST 2012

Yves Parès <yves.pares at gmail.com> writes:

>> The profiler is certainly useful (and much better with GHC 7.4)
>
> What are the improvements in that matter? (I just noticed that some GHC
> flags wrt profiling have been renamed)

The executive summary can be found in the release notes[1]. There was
also a talk I remember watching a while ago which gave a pretty nice
overview. I can't recall, but I might have been this[2]. Lastly,
profiling now works with multiple capabilities[3].

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.4.1/html/users_guide/release-7-4-1.html
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBFtnkb2Erg