[Haskell-cafe] How to use Plugins package?

Андрей Янкин yankin013 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:46:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm newbie and I've got a problem.

I'm trying to get example programs from plugins-auto [1] or hotswap [2] to work.
I think question on stackoverflow [3] somewhat related to my problem.

They are compiled well, but in runtime I get either
segfault
or Prelude.undefined
or internal error: PAP object entered!

I use GHC 7.4.1. x86_64 Ubuntu

I've read "Plugging Haskell In" and would like to make some fun with
plugins, but alas...

Maybe -dynamic flag is what I seek? Or maybe I need to know something else?
Maybe I needn't use Plugins package like in gitit?

Please, could you explain how to compile plugins in haskell correctly?
Where should I start?

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/plugins-auto
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hotswap
[3] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5427777/help-with-haskell-dynamic-plugin-load