[Haskell-cafe] Annoyed at System.Random

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Fri May 4 11:54:35 CEST 2012

On 05/04/2012 04:56 AM, Thomas DuBuisson wrote:
> On May 3, 2012 5:49 PM, "Ertugrul Söylemez" <es at ertes.de <mailto:es at ertes.de>>
> wrote:
>
>     Thomas DuBuisson <thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
>     <mailto:thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I can't really tell whether the first two points are true.
>

> Feel free to investigate it yourself, I've convinced myself.  Vincent has
> added NI work to cryptocipher recently, but it still needs some corners
> smoothed.  I've contacted him about some of those already.  In the end I might
> use his C/ASM code for this task, but it is still lacking the ability to check
> for the NI instruction.
My end goal is to have the user use transparently the fastest implementation
available to their architecture/cpu providing they use the high level module.
I've uploaded the cpu package which allows me to detect at runtime the aes
instruction (and the architecture), but i've been distracted in implementing
fast galois field arithmetics for GCM and XTS mode (with AES).

So any contributions going in this direction is more than welcome.

--
Vincent