[Haskell-cafe] heterogeneous environment

Ben midfield at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:05:31 CEST 2012

thanks oleg and heinrich for the solutions; i'll definitely take a look at the vault package.  i'll probably end up using unsafeCoerce though, it's too tempting (shame on me.)

On May 2, 2012, at 2:33 AM, oleg at okmij.org wrote:

> It seems you actually prefer this solution, if it worked. This
> solution will entail some run-time check one way or another, because
> we `erase' types when we store them in the log and we have to recover
> them later.

actually i don't prefer this solution.  i'm interested to hear if there are other solutions (or ways to avoid the problem entirely.)  i don't know what to search for, something like interpreters with environments with heterogeneous types.  i find the circuit-diagram / functional representation the most interesting, but it seems unfortunately syntactically impossible.

best, ben