[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HandsomeSoup-0.3: CSS selectors for HXT

aditya bhargava bluemangroupie at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:51:44 CEST 2012

Because I had the methods written for network and http already (this is
just old code of mine I'm open-sourcing), and I didn't want to bother with
reading the source for hxt-curl or hxt-http (since neither has
documentation and I'm not convinced that they can do exactly what I want).

If you feel strongly about hxt-curl or hxt-http I would love to hear why!
I'm not opposed to using those instead.

Adit

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Yves Parès <yves.pares at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do you make your own overlay to download files via HTTP?
> HXT has backends (hxt-http or hxt-curl) to do that.
>
> Le 27 avril 2012 04:16, aditya bhargava <bluemangroupie at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> *Homepage:* http://egonschiele.github.com/HandsomeSoup
>> *On Hackage:* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HandsomeSoup
>>
>> *Blurb:*
>>
>> HandsomeSoup is the library I wish I had when I started parsing HTML in
>> Haskell.
>> It is built on top of HXT and adds a few functions that make is easier to
>> work with HTML.
>> Most importantly, it adds CSS selectors to HXT. The goal of HandsomeSoup
>> is to be a complete CSS2 parser for HXT (it is very close to this right
>> now).
>>

>> --
>> adit.io

adit.io