[Haskell-cafe] New in haskell for old-timers?

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:05:28 CEST 2012

On 11:57 Fri 30 Mar     , Brandon Allbery wrote:

> The legible C thing is probably jhc ( http://repetae.net/computer/jhc/ ).
>  It's GHC's *illegible* registerized C that is being phased out; the
> slightly-more-legible ANSI C mode used for porting is staying, though.

Oh wow, I thought jhc was discontinued, but just checked the
repositories and mailing lists and it's alive and well. No idea where I
got the idea that it was discontinued. Going a little bit on tangent
here, but if I understood correctly, jhc is meant to do more
optimization. How does this compare to for example ghc?

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR