[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Happstack 7

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:36:47 CEST 2012

On Friday, 30 March 2012 00:53:48 UTC+4, Jeremy Shaw wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the  release of Happstack 7!
>
> Happstack is a fast, modern, web application framework written in Haskell.
> Please check out the brand new happstack.com website to read about what
> is new in Happstack 7, and what we are planning for Happstack 8, and what
> makes Happstack great!
>
> http://www.happstack.com/
>
> - jeremy

Congratulations to the new release, and may I say that the homepage looks
smashing! :D

With the work of Antoine Latter's happstack-wai
(https://github.com/aslatter/happstack-wai), it's likely possible to serve
happstack applications through my (still in development) SPDY WAI server (
https://github.com/kolmodin/spdy) although I have not tested this
combination yet.

Before I saw happstack-wai I had a quick look at the happstack API and saw
that the Request keeps the request body as a (lazy?) String. I'm curious to
the rationale for this, as one could expect a lazy bytestring would be more
efficient, and some kind of stream would better support error handling
(given that the String is indeed lazy). Sorry if this has been discussed
before, I searched the mailing list without finding anything.

Feels like Happstack has been reborn, thanks again!

Cheers,
  Lennart