[Haskell-cafe] Happstack routing + boomerang + non-ascii urls

Semen Trygubenko semen at trygub.com
Tue Mar 27 15:17:53 CEST 2012

Dear Haskell-Cafe,

Last weekend I was test driving Web.Routes.Boomerang. A
great package … Is there any way I could make it work with
urls containing non-ASCII characters?

Happstack.Server routing using "path" handles non-ASCII,
as in, for instance,

dir "work" $ path $ workHandler ,

where workHandler gets a correctly decoded path segment
passed in as a String. The following, however,

sitemap :: Router Sitemap
sitemap = (
    rWork . anyString

passes to Work constructor an incorrectly decoded String.

All the plumbing re embedding boomerang route into a normal
Happstack one, etc. is done as per example from crash course

Many thanks,

Семен Тригубенко