[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts-1.12.0

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:06:52 CEST 2012

Fellow Haskelleers,

I'm pleased to announce the release of haskell-src-exts-1.12.0!

* On hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
* Via cabal: cabal install haskell-src-exts
* Darcs repo: http://code.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts

It's been a long while since the last update before this, but it is my
definite hope that I will once again be able to update regularly. This
major release primarily enables the (relatively) new quasi-quoter syntax.
The "major" version bump is questionable, but better safe than sorry. The
only backwards incompatible change is that pretty- and exact-printing now
use the new quasi-quoter syntax, which makes the round-tripping 'exactPrint
. parse' cycle fail for code using the old syntax.

There are more changes in the pipeline, some larger and some smaller. Stay
tuned!

Changelog:

1.11.1 --> 1.12.0

* Move from old [$...| quasi-quote syntax to the new [...| one.
The old syntax is still recognized while parsing.

* Allow symbols as variables when TypeOperators is enabled.

* Rename ExplicitForall in ExplicitForAll, to be consistent
with GHC and the Haskell' process.

Cheers,

/Niklas