[Haskell-cafe] Open-source projects for beginning Haskell students?

Paul R paul.r.ml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:13:04 CET 2012

Chris> * https://github.com/chrisdone/pgsql-simple The PostgreSQL library
Chris> that amelie uses, it's a raw tcp/ip socket interface to the server,
Chris> fairly trivial and yet interesting (to me) and useful. Needs more
Chris> authentication methods, and I have some opportunities for optimizing
Chris> some things. Tests and benchmarks for it would be good too, and
Chris> probably easy to write.

For some reasons, I like very much this project. Beside being useful, it
has the potential to demonstrate a lot of the haskell power : easy
concurrency, good parsing, nice combinator-based interface.

--
  Paul