[Haskell-cafe] GSoC and Data Parallel Haskell

Geoffrey Mainland mainland at apeiron.net
Thu Mar 22 00:24:07 CET 2012

Taking advantage of GHC's SIMD support from within DPH is in the works.

I'd love to have some good target applications to help drive the work.
An application with DPH, plain C, C+SSE intrinsics, and, say, OpenCL
versions would be even better, but that's probably wishful thinking.
Dmitry, is your thesis about gas dynamics (I suspect it is) and you just
want to try using Haskell, or is it about using Haskell to implement
scientific code?

Geoff