[Haskell-cafe] Mathematics and Statistics libraries

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:14:48 CET 2012

On 21.03.2012 21:24, Ben Jones wrote:
> I am a student currently interested in participating in Google Summer of
> Code. I have a strong interest in Haskell, and a semester's worth of
> coding experience in the language. I am a mathematics and cs double
> major with only a semester left and I am looking for information
> regarding what the community is lacking as far as mathematics and
> statistics libraries are concerned. If there is enough interest I would
> like to put together a project with this. I understand that such
> libraries are probably low priority, but if anyone has anything I would
> love to hear it.

There is existing statistics related GSoC project[1]. It proposes
implementation of analog of R's data frames. I think it's rather
difficult since there is no obvious design. Also I think implementation
will require a lot of type trickery

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1596