[Haskell-cafe] Are there arithmetic composition of functions?

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:19:52 CET 2012

> On a side note, if we consider typeclasses as predicates on types, then
(especially with the extensions enabled) the type system looks extremely
like a obfuscated logic programming language.With existential types it even
starts to look like a first-order thereom prover.
> At present we can easily express different flavors of conjunction, but
expressing disjunction is hard. And that's why the Prelude can cause
problems here.

It gets even more fun with GADTs and, particularly, type families, which
are explicitly designed with type level proofs in mind

-- Don