[Haskell-cafe] GSoC and Data Parallel Haskell

Dmitry Dzhus dima at dzhus.org
Wed Mar 21 01:52:31 CET 2012

How are you gentlemen.

I'm interested about what additions to DPH would really benefit
the community.

The only ticket on DPH in GSoC Trac seems a bit stale:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1537.
Any new tips?

My field is currently molecular simulation. (I'm doing a Direct Simulation
Monte-Carlo implementation for rarefied gas dynamics with application
to space satellites&stuffs aerodynamics in Haskell for my Master's thesis,
I believe using DPH as well would be my final goal as molecular simulations
vectorize nicely. Simulation domain is partitioned into cells and stochastic
collision sampling (as in DSMC) may be performed in every cell in parallel.)