[Haskell-cafe] Are there arithmetic composition of functions?

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 20 23:14:44 CET 2012

On 21/03/2012, at 2:14 AM, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:

> The existence of standards is not an answer concerning their "goodness".

Whoever said it was?  Not me!
But the existence of implementations that conform to standards
*IS* an answer concerning 'will this WORK?'

I do appreciate that the latest and greatest version of 'base'
can do all sorts of things.  However, I _don't_ know how to
install that so that UHC and GHC will both use it.

I'm no different from all the other Haskellers who've been
frustrated by Num wanting Eq and Show, which I would have thought
was an obviously bad idea from the beginning.  I have my own
potential uses for Eq-less Nums.  But I want it to *work* and to
work in more than one Haskell compiler.