[Haskell-cafe] We *have* been accepted into the Google Summer of Code

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sun Mar 18 09:13:39 CET 2012

Sajith T S wrote:
> Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> wrote:
>
>> Just for reference, here the direct link that is now online:
>>
>>   http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/haskell
>
> How up-to-date/relevant are the projects in the ideas page?
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/report/1
>
> (For example, I believe "build multiple Cabal packages in parallel" is
> a successful project from last year's summer of code.)

The newly created project suggestions are definitely up-to-date, but the
older ones may be outdated. To know for sure, you can ask about specific
projects on the mailing list, which is a good idea anyway.

I'm sorry that the list is not in top shape, but that's probably because
  there is no curator.

> Also, why is "Mentor: not-accepted" for many (all?) of them?

The Mentor field has no significance, simply ignore it.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com