[Haskell-cafe] Polymorphic addition function with variable number of arguments?

Some One haskellie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:49:26 CET 2012

I'm sorry this was a typo. Here's the correct one:

{-# LANGUAGE FlexibleInstances, MultiParamTypeClasses #-}

class Add a b where
    add :: a -> b

instance Num a => Add a a where
    add = id

instance (Num a, Add a b) => Add a (a -> b) where
    add x y = add (x + y)

I'm trying to use the printf trick to achieve this.