[Haskell-cafe] network-conduit proxy

Alexander V Vershilov alexander.vershilov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:30:18 CET 2012

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 05:16:06PM +0000, grant wrote
> Thanks for explaining the problem. I guess I have to ditch my preconceived
>  notions (based on using Java/.Net) that killing a thread is dangerous.
> Thanks again,
> Grant

Don't know if it's a good way, but if you are afraid of killing thread you
can use thread communication like you can use asynchronous exceptions or
channels.

So you can do smth like:

(sourceClient $= CL.map Left) >=<
  (sourceTMChan communicationChannel $= CL.map Right)

And have all data in Left and all commands in Right. This is really overkill
for such a task but it can be usefull for more complicated ones, where there
are communication between threads.

--
Alexander V Vershilov