[Haskell-cafe] haskell platform - mac lion - installation error

Peter smeldrick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:15:58 CET 2012

Hello - I'm a new user, having some trouble installing the Haskell Platform
(2011.4.0.0 64bit.pkg) on a Macbook Pro (10.7.3).  I installed Xcode 4.3.1
(4E1019), then the Haskell Platform. When I double-click on the Platform
package icon, I get an installation dialogue with an error message reading
"Developer Tools Missing - Please install Xcode developer tools first."
 Are Xcode developer tools something distinct from Xcode itself?  I'm
mystified by this error message.  Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated - thank you.